Called the beautiful game, the Portuguese fervent Futebol fans. Club matches of the national team, everyone has a favorite player and team to follow with great devotion.
The game requires speed, agility, endurance, strategy. Portugal Cristiano Renaldo arguably the best player in the world, and José Marinho widely recognized as a talented manager.
The professional players, so the national team to the pinnacle of success. Many professional footballers playing other teams internationally; For example Renaldo plays for Real Madrid. Which qualify for the quadrennial World Cup approaches, the players are named to the national team. Below is a selection of team play. Premeira League of 14 teams in the Premier League and Segunda Liga fields 22 teams.
Each city and region has countless amateur leagues, and starting college and school teams of five-a-side the entire team. Of course, you can find a group of children (or adults) kicking a ball, which is a bit of free space.
Futsal 5-a-side indoor football, is played on a hard surface. Many leagues split into divisions. 1a Divis in o in the highest league.
- Athletics: Portugal and several top long-distance runners performed well in the recent Olympic Games in London and Beijing; there are also a number of excellent cross-country runners Portugal
- Canoeing: Portugal, several top Olympic athletes in this sport; kayaking and canoeing sport popular with tourists and locals alike
- Cycling: Volta a Portugal the years of long-term competition; bike rides and mountain bike trails are widely available in all regions
- Martial arts: Jogo do Pau a traditional stick fighting martial art dating from the Middle Ages (fencing and judo are also popular) [1945901million]
- Motorsport: Rally, motor racing and the A1 Grand Prix popular spectator sport in some species (Rally Madeira and Lisbon-Dakar) receiving international attention [1945901million]
- Bullfighting Portuguese bullfighting different styles of Spanish customs, especially the bull is not killed in the ring; running of the bulls in Pamplona, Spain, popular in the Azores
- Golf: Algarve Portugal many great courses and professional plays in the region
- Airsoft: paint ball known in the United States, the game is popular all over the country
- Water sports: surfing, windsurfing, kite surfing and sailing are popular, especially in the Algarve
- Portugal is considered to have some of the best waves in Europe, mainly around the central coastal town of Peniche. Recently, the biggest wave ever surfed was recorded in Nazaré, about 30 minutes north of Peniche.
Portugal traditional handicrafts and nunneries fiber arts began as a cottage industry. The fine linens, a living carpet, lace provided many families and has grown to celebrate the craftsmanship. Portuguese textiles are well known throughout the world.
- Embroidery Portuguese embroidery are highly sought after for its rich colors and intricate stiches; styles vary from region to region, from the best-known examples and Madeira Castelo Branco; white embroidery (white thread on white cloth) is also popular in the modern needle workers [1945901million]
- Carpet making / tapestry Arraiolos south of Portugal famous pure wool carpets; Similar motifs and designs in the style of Persian carpets; Portalegre is well known for its finely crafted tapestries as many as 25,000 stitches per square meter [1945901million]
- Binding: Portuguese knitters knitting popular everywhere; As the continental knitting
- Crocheting / Lace Generation: fine thread crochet lace and lace making developed other ways to make a living in poorer families; Well-known styles include a secret, a secret I love the lace and Loulé
- Weaving: Serra da Estrela region well known for its thick, dense water-resistant blankets ( mantas ); 100% wool blankets paint and chemical-free [1945901million]
traditional Portuguese folk dance, is typically slower than the Spaniard with neighbors, reflecting the courtship and marriage customs of the native regions. Well-known dances include: fandango, Vira, corrinhdo, Chula and viranda . Dance, time, practice, perseverance and education are needed.